Sunday, January 19, 2014

Free and special price for Kidde KN-COPP-B-LPM Battery-Operated Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display

Purchased 2 Kidde KN-COPP-B-LPM to replace some First Alert units that stopped functioning before the 4 year expiration date.

The units work as expected. All mounting hardware (brackets, screws) were in the package but I didn't use them. My units are just sitting on a flat surface.

Just an FYI, the detector will emit a loud beep when you first insert the batteries.

This guy saved me and my family. I woke up in the middle of the night to this thing going off. The alarm freaked me out as it was soooo loud. This thing is ear piercing loud but that’s fine with me. After airing out the house I was able to go room by room to find the source. The alarm ended up being my hot water heater in the basement that was spewing out CO. I feel so much safer with this in the house. The Kidde Alarm prevented a bad situation from turning into a deadly one. I would spend the little extra on the digital display just so you can see what it going on exactly rather than waiting for the other one to go off at its limit. I do also have a non-display model on my lower level of my house.

Given that we have gas heat and fireplace I purchased the KN-COPP-B model 7 years ago. It just started chirping and after replacing the batteries it displayed the "Err" code. So I dug up the manual online and found out it was end of life. Not bad service for a device which kept us safe all these years. I put this in my home and in my apartments that have gas heat / cooking. I like the LCD display so that you know what the actual level is if you ever need it.
Canon EOS Rebel T3  12.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR

No comments:

Post a Comment